There are various varieties of flooring materials available in the market. Selecting the right flooring for your home or business establishment, is easy if few points are taken into consideration. The various types of flooring include Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, and Vinyl.
Flooring Option 1: Carpet
- Carpet is the most favored flooring material as it is soft, comfortable and provides warmth to the room it is installed in.
- Carpets are available in a wide range of colors, patterns and designs. Few of the important carpet textures that are commonly used are
- Wool Carpets: These carpets are favored because of its durability and sturdiness over time. It has high flexibility and can sustain compression, making it tolerant to liquid spills. These carpets can be cleaned and maintained effortlessly. These carpets are slightly expensive compared to other carpet variations.
- Nylon Carpets: These carpets are commonly used as they are readily available, durable and easy to dye. Stubborn stains and spots can be easily removed from these carpets. These carpets are ideal for high foot traffic areas.
- Berber Carpets: These carpets are a type of loop pile that is made up of a single string of thread, paddled through the carpet twice to form a loop. These carpets are flawless to conceal tiny particles of dirt and stains.
- Cut Pile Carpets: These carpets are made by cutting the top edge of the carpet to make the tufts of the thread to stand up.
Flooring Option 2: Hardwood
- Hardwood is the most dependable flooring as it can sustain wear and tear due to daily use. It is an impeccable investment, and increases the monetary worth of your assets.
- It is extremely durable and retains the same brilliance for many years with minimum expenditure on maintenance. Hardwood is basically divided into two types; Solid and Engineered.
- Engineered Hardwood: These Hardwood can be installed on any type of secondary floor that includes ceramic and concrete. It is environment friendly as it uses minimum wood. It is manufactured using a collection of plywood, with every layer externally coated using a semblance of hardwood.
- Solid Hardwood: This Hardwood can be strictly installed only on secondary wooden flooring. It is a product from nature and is produced from oak, cherry or maple.
Flooring Option 3: Laminates
A few years ago, Laminate was treated and designed to be used as an alternate for Tile or Hardwood. Now days it is appealing many clients, as it is sturdy, long – lasting and requires least efforts to install. Laminate is manufactured by fusing three primary layers under high pressure using a lamination process. The three layers that make up a Laminate are:
- The Top Layer: This layer is also called as the ornamental layer. It is a high resolution image of either tile or hardwood that is glued, with an adhesive that contains aluminum oxide. This layer presents laminate the sturdiness to sustain scratches, chemicals and ultra violet rays.
- The Center Layer: This layer is also called as the pivotal layer, as it the most important layer that contributes to the longevity and durability of the Laminate. The high density fiberboard that is used to make it is compressed together under extreme conditions.
- The Final Layer: This layer is also called as the base layer as it combines the laminate together making it sturdy and durable. This is the layer that gives laminate the ability to float on the secondary flooring it is installed on.
Flooring Option 4: Tile
Tile generally mirrors natural stone and has a longer time span if maintained with care. Tile can be installed in areas where there is water as it can sustain wetness. Tile is broadly classified into two types:
- Ceramic Tiles: Ceramic tiles are made from red or white clay by molding or firing them in a kiln. These tiles have a longer life span compared to other flooring materials. They can be treated to an anti slip surface coating to prevent slips and falls. The surface of the tile is treated with a mixture of ground glass and metal oxides, called glaze that gives tile its color and sturdiness.
- Porcelain Tiles: Porcelain tiles are made from highly refined clay that is regulated to extreme temperatures. These tiles are perfect for use in high foot traffic areas and wet areas like wash rooms, porches, and shower rooms as they have a high resistance to frost and wetness.
Flooring Option 5: Vinyl
Vinyl is the safest flooring material, as it can install by applying an anti slip coating to its surface. It is extremely durable and is an ideal flooring option for your home, health centers, hospitals, community centers and other business organizations. Vinyl is ideally classified into two types; Tile and Sheet.
- Tile or Vinyl Plank: A 9”X9” or 12”X12” piece of vinyl is used when installing this type of flooring material. This flooring is mostly favored as it replicates the visual appeal of tile flooring at a reasonable price.
- Vinyl Sheet: A sheet that is either 6 or 12 feet wide is used when installing this type of flooring material. It is convenient and easy to install this flooring and is an ideal option for use in wet areas as it can sustain wetness.
Express Flooring has a wide selection of these flooring materials from prime brands, which are merchandised directly from the manufacturer at prices worth your money.